Awake early , with the expectation.
Hello , my name's Mike & I'm a cycling addict! Ha, I wish. I do love to cycle but if I was addicted I might have done some training for our trip, from Nairobi Kenya to Kilimanjaro, Tanzania.
This will be my 4th cycling adventure raising money for ICT. My first one , & still my favourite, was to cycle in Tanzania. I'm hyped to be going back. Africa is a fascinating place, & where we all came from, of course, if the scientists are to be believed. Best of all it can be knock out beautiful. Some people there are needing some financial help though, & that ultimately is what ths is all about.
Along with Tanzania I've cycled in Cambodia & Sri Lanka on similar jaunts. I've always had a great time, although sometimes they can be tough on the old leggys. I've met some top people on the rides. One of the cool things about it is a lot of different people, from around the world, are doing it for different reasons & you are all thrown together. You meet some great characters. I'm looking forward to making some new mates & there has been a bit of a regime change at the charity we are doing the ride for, International Childcare Trust, so I'm looking forward to meeting the new peeps.
I've never kept a blog before & any previous attempts to keep a diary have failed so I'm not sure if this will survive, I hope so though. The main reason for doing it was to keep the memories of the little crazy things that tend to happen on these trips by posting pics. Not sure if I can even do that with this online bloggy business ... oh I'm so old. It's slowly dawning on me that most of the trip is camping, so I'm not anticipated daily wifi connections. It'll probably be a case of updating it at the end, when we go to Zanzibar (!) for some R&R.
I've been pretty busy recently, scince the beginning of June working on a film called the Monuments Men . http://www.monumentsmen.com/
It's been fairly consuming & I've not had time or inclination to train for the ride. Previously I've been cycling to work (working at my own flat this time) & doing some training rides before the trips. This time, nada...so we'll see how that goes. I imagine I will suffer for my laziness.
The other thing taking up my time has been a new (to us) cottage Amanda (my lovely lady friend) & I , have acquired in Devon. We've been going down there getting it into shape on our spare weekends. Which gives my an excuse to post my first pic.
Here it is ....cute huh ?
Anyway all this flim flam is masking my excuse for being a fat lard ball who has not really been on a bike for a good few months .... perfect preparation.
So, let me add my thanks to anyone who is reading who has donated money to the fund, you've done a great thing & we will ride to earn it & meet some of the young ones your money will go to help ... & hopefully post some pics.
One of the great elements of this trip is I get to hang out with my Bruv & Sis. I am proud of them for taking the leap of signing up. I hope they get as much out of it as I have in the past. I doubt we have traveled together for more than a weekend scince we were nippers so, that's going to be great to spend a few weeks of adventure together ...isn't it...isn't it ? Of course it is.
So, I better go & pack, gotta be at LHR for 5 pm ....exciting !
Hello , my name's Mike & I'm a cycling addict! Ha, I wish. I do love to cycle but if I was addicted I might have done some training for our trip, from Nairobi Kenya to Kilimanjaro, Tanzania.
This will be my 4th cycling adventure raising money for ICT. My first one , & still my favourite, was to cycle in Tanzania. I'm hyped to be going back. Africa is a fascinating place, & where we all came from, of course, if the scientists are to be believed. Best of all it can be knock out beautiful. Some people there are needing some financial help though, & that ultimately is what ths is all about.
Along with Tanzania I've cycled in Cambodia & Sri Lanka on similar jaunts. I've always had a great time, although sometimes they can be tough on the old leggys. I've met some top people on the rides. One of the cool things about it is a lot of different people, from around the world, are doing it for different reasons & you are all thrown together. You meet some great characters. I'm looking forward to making some new mates & there has been a bit of a regime change at the charity we are doing the ride for, International Childcare Trust, so I'm looking forward to meeting the new peeps.
I've never kept a blog before & any previous attempts to keep a diary have failed so I'm not sure if this will survive, I hope so though. The main reason for doing it was to keep the memories of the little crazy things that tend to happen on these trips by posting pics. Not sure if I can even do that with this online bloggy business ... oh I'm so old. It's slowly dawning on me that most of the trip is camping, so I'm not anticipated daily wifi connections. It'll probably be a case of updating it at the end, when we go to Zanzibar (!) for some R&R.
I've been pretty busy recently, scince the beginning of June working on a film called the Monuments Men . http://www.monumentsmen.com/
It's been fairly consuming & I've not had time or inclination to train for the ride. Previously I've been cycling to work (working at my own flat this time) & doing some training rides before the trips. This time, nada...so we'll see how that goes. I imagine I will suffer for my laziness.
The other thing taking up my time has been a new (to us) cottage Amanda (my lovely lady friend) & I , have acquired in Devon. We've been going down there getting it into shape on our spare weekends. Which gives my an excuse to post my first pic.
Here it is ....cute huh ?
Anyway all this flim flam is masking my excuse for being a fat lard ball who has not really been on a bike for a good few months .... perfect preparation.
So, let me add my thanks to anyone who is reading who has donated money to the fund, you've done a great thing & we will ride to earn it & meet some of the young ones your money will go to help ... & hopefully post some pics.
One of the great elements of this trip is I get to hang out with my Bruv & Sis. I am proud of them for taking the leap of signing up. I hope they get as much out of it as I have in the past. I doubt we have traveled together for more than a weekend scince we were nippers so, that's going to be great to spend a few weeks of adventure together ...isn't it...isn't it ? Of course it is.
So, I better go & pack, gotta be at LHR for 5 pm ....exciting !
No comments:
Post a Comment