Wednesday, 16 October 2013


The expectation:
Coasting down Kilimanjaro. Blue skies, the sun on our faces, gentle cycling, downhill all the way.

 The reality:
TODAY WAS THE TOUGHEST DAY FOR ME BY MILES!!!!  

It was 120km (yes, 120km) of hard-core mountain biking, lots of long, long, long climbs on rocky roads which we weren’t prepared for. There were more than a few dark moments I can tell you.
Basically it took all day to cycle round the whole of Kilimanjaro in extreme heat and gale force hot winds which slowed us down and meant it was dark before we finished.

It was pretty scary at the end but exciting as we finished on a very busy main road through Arusha in the dark with a police escort. I did it but I have no idea how….
I feel pretty numb all over, emotional rollercoaster .
I’m sure the elation of it all will hit home soon.
Anyway, off for dinner now and best of all flushing toilets.
Will update you shortly when normal service and spirit is resumed.............

No comments:

Post a Comment