Monday, 14 October 2013
Sunday was a tough day but the best for me so far. 80km of sandy rocky roads and
intense heat. Some times approaching our limits but we made it. We visited a school and there were some definite high points. Camping in the
wilderness surrounded by hills and green farmland. We are being very well
received by the locals who don't really know what to make of it but v excited
& friendly. Despite aches, pains & chaffed areas Pope spirits remain
high - long as there's beer. Rob & Mikey managed game of football and for
first time ever the Tanzanians were beat by the international team 2-1 hurrah fr the boys.
Kate lay on the ground cheering. We all bricking it a bit about tomorrow but on
we go and loving it!....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Go team Pope, go team Pope! We are all full of admiration. I hope if you are reading this then you have at least survived TUES arghhhhh! I hope it wasn't testing belong human limitations...although I suspect is was. Well done you guys. You are truly awesome...and in a world of pain?? Sick babies and sloth-like friends salute you. Bravo bravo bravo!!!
ReplyDeleteLots & lots of love
The Habbas
I cant believe you won the football! Go team Pope!
ReplyDelete